Specification levels match those in the original FCC filings and are slightly lower than those of the Nokia N80. With a 2 mega-pixel camera, Symbian OS 9.1, S60 v3, tri-band GSM (900, 1800, 1900 MHz) and WCDMA (2100 MHz) and a QVGA (320x240 pixel) screen.
Shipping from early 2006 (rumoured to be available in February), this phone was officially unveiled along with the Nokia N80 and Nokia N92 at Nokia's Mobility Conference 2005 in Barcelona (2 Nov 2005).
- Symplification New N-Series Symbian phones to be released soon - N80 slider and N71 clamshell
- Symplification N71 prototype pictures - Now removed due to a C&D from Nokia's lawyers; blocking this publication seems a little pointless to me, rather similar to the Hermione debacle where the lawyers are effectively confirming the provenence of the pictures. Note to Nokia lawyers: "This cat's out of the bag, baby, you ain't never gonna catch it"...
- Engadget still has one picture
- All About Symbian Cracking FCC filings reveal Gromit - Wensleydale? The images of the rear of the phone show a label naming the model as N71-1, implying a similar naming scheme and model range to the Nokia N70.
- All About Symbian N71 details and N71 review
- MobileBurn - N71 gallery
- MobileBurn - N71 review
- Tommi's N71 review roundup
- About Nokia - N71 review
- Nokia N71 support pages
- InfoSync World N71 review
- Smartphones Show N71 Video Review
- Symbian - N71 specifications
- Mobile Geek - N71 review
- GSM-Arena - N71 review
Categories: Form Factor Flip